Posted On: October 31, 2016
Media Organization: Wonder
Wonder conducts research for journalists, Tier 1 consulting firms, VCs, marketing agencies, and many others, creating steady work (3000 projects/month) for people who enjoy research and are hungry to learn about new topics and/or gain additional experience with research and writing.
Although research topics vary widely across industries and human interests, popular categories include analysis of industry trends, market sizing, competitive landscape analysis, company profiles, and information gathering for due diligence and investor presentations.
Here are a few sample requests from our clients:
- "What impact will the self-driving car movement have on global economies?"
- ”What are the leading companies that are deeply pursuing the consumer internet of things?”
- "Which Internet / media companies have the greatest amount of revenue from non-advertising sources?"
Perks of joining the Wonder Research Network:
- Real-time access to our global community of Wonder Researchers, including journalists, writers, and various subject matter experts who are highly trained and always available for Q&A.
- Full access to Wonder’s research database, including all past research findings.
- Flexibility on work location (remote okay) and scheduling. No fixed hours, and no minimum number of requests to gain access to Wonder’s resources. Simply choose the topics that sound interesting to you!
- Intellectual curiosity and penchant for diving into uncharted territory and swiftly becoming an authority
- Ability to synthesize information and create succinct, high-level, sometimes quantitative summaries directly answering users’ questions
- Critical analysis and logical reasoning skills
- A discerning eye for quality online content and data sources
- Command of the English language and strong grammar and writing skills are critical
- Keen attention to details
- Previous experience working in a research-intensive role is a definite plus, though not required
Please apply online at askwonder.com/rr/nyujourno-researcher