Posted On: March 7, 2017
Paid Journalism Internship
Media Organization: NBCUniversal
NBC News is a leading source of global news and information, operating for more than 75 years. Every week, NBC News presents the top-rated NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt and Meet the Press, as well as America’s longest-running morning news program, TODAY. The network’s primetime newsmagazine, Dateline provides a variety of in-depth stories ranging from breaking news to hidden-camera investigations and documentaries. MSNBC provides all-day news and intelligent political analysis on shows that include The Rachel Maddow Show, Morning Joe, and Hardball. The continuously growing NBC News Digital Group, includes NBCNews.com, TODAY.com, MSNBC.com, and digital properties on social media, apps, and beyond.
How do you tell stories brilliantly on websites, mobile apps, Roku boxes, Twitter feeds and many other devices and platforms? If that question excites you, then an internship with the digital product team at NBC News could be the right challenge for you. We're looking for a college student who's interested in the way websites, apps, and other digital products are created and maintained, and how they can be best used to present the news. Have you ever contributed to a website, app, or Youtube channel? Do you keep up with news or lifestyle coverage on multiple platforms? If so, wait for the commercial break between Rachel Maddow and The Last Word, finish that Snapchat, and apply now.
· A current college student
· Proven ability to work quickly on multiple projects, with meticulous attention to detail.
· Excellent written and verbal communication, with strong organization and time management skills.
· Reporting, copy editing or fact checking experience (digital or print) is a bonus. So is facility with Powerpoint, Google sheets, and other communication tools.
· Another plus: Experience with any type of digital content management system, or the agile development process.
· Ability to balance hard work with good humor.
To apply for this position please email your resume to email@example.com with a brief statement of your interest and background.