Posted On: March 27, 2017
Paid Journalism Internship
Media Organization: Credit.com
Credit.com, a Progrexion subsidiary, has been a trusted source of financial information for consumers for more than 15 years. Credit.com helps people make smarter financial decisions by providing free interactive tools, expert advice, education, and unbiased comparisons of quality financial products and services.
Credit.com is looking for an editorial intern to assist our New York City content team. The Editorial Intern will work closely with our deputy managing editors and will be tasked primarily with writing short news briefs and slideshows for our blog and syndication network. Credit.com's syndication network includes major news sites, such as MSN, USA Today, Yahoo, AOL, Fox Business, CBS News and ABC News. Other job duties include fact-checking, photo selection and sizing, optimizing existing blogs to SEO specs and performing some administrative tasks.
• Compensation: $18/H
• Work schedule: 6 hours per day, 3 days per week (more hours/days may become available over time)
• Journalism, English or Communications majors
• Strong writing skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Creative thinker
• Proficient with Google Docs
• Social media savvy a plus
• Adobe Photoshop experience a plus
• Passion for personal finance (or desire to learn about it) a plus
Please send your resume to the Deputy Managing Editor and NYU alumna, Brooke Niemeyer: email@example.com. Please include “Editorial Intern Applicant” in the subject line.