Posted On: May 1, 2017
Paid Journalism Internship
Media Organization: France-Amerique LLC
FRANCE-AMERIQUE was created in 1943 by French exiles in New York to raise awareness about Occupied France in the United States, and to support the Resistance movement led by Charles de Gaulle.
The magazine was purchased by French-American author and publisher Guy Sorman in June 2013 and adopted the monthly magazine style it has today. France-Amérique has been bilingual French-English since May 2015.
A link between France and the United States, France-Amérique is America’s largest French-language magazine and the only one to be published throughout the country. The magazine is for French expatriates, Francophones and American Francophiles alike.
The editorial department is looking to recruit an intern to join the team as a journalist
This is an excellent opportunity for those who have interest in the French culture in the US
Job Title: Internship. Journalist. Bilingual: French & English
Contract type: Internship
Starting date: June 1, 2017 (At least 6 months)
• Researching and writing stories. Ensuring work is well written, accurate and submitted to deadline. Sourcing images to accompany written pieces;
• Assisting the editorial team to manage the French cultural events agenda online;
• Keeping up to date with French-Americans news and trends;
• Attending various French American Events;
• Performs other duties as necessary or as requested by the editor in chief and the web editor and the editor in chief.
• Must be enrolled or recently graduated from school of Journalism.
• Must be a resident of New York during the internship timeframe.
• Bilingual: French + English
• Excellent time management and communication skills. Dynamism and positive attitude.
• Good Knowledge of WordPress.
• Must be authorized to work in the US without any restriction. France-Amerique does not sponsor any type of visa for this internship.
How to Apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 recent examples of your work at firstname.lastname@example.org