Posted On: May 8, 2017
Media Organization: PIX11 News (WPIX-TV)
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.
PIX11 News is looking for a passionate, talented and hard-working web producer to help manage PIX11.com and its social and mobile platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a knack for breaking news quickly and accurately, as well as a passion for and knowledge of New York City news and history. They will also have expertise in social media, SEO and emerging tools that will grow PIX11’s digital audience while increasing engagement with viewers.
The right person for this job will be able to produce fast, compelling and accurate content, and help take PIX11.com to the next level as an important source for news and video with a strong local focus.
The position’s chief responsibilities require that the producer:
- Keep abreast of breaking local news and work with web editors as well as assignment and reporting staff to produce stories and videos. Use social media and other sources to track development of stories
- Source and write trending stories and promote them effectively on Facebook
- Ensure a smart mix of stories is highlighted on the site and that stories are updated with the latest developments and visual content
- Manage social media accounts for breaking news, story promotion and audience engagement (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat)
- Publish video segments from newscasts. Ability to write strong headlines is essential
- Manage Facebook Live and audience engagement around newscasts
- Post stories and videos to PIX11.com with an eye toward compelling presentation and best SEO practices
- Work with reporters and producers to ensure all video pieces are accompanied with web copy and the latest updates
- Know AP style as well as best web-production practices, including SEO, story packaging, and social media
- Have a passion for and knowledge of web metric tools such as Google Analytics, and an ability to spot trends and identify opportunities for PIX11.com
- Promote PIX11 content to other news sites and aggregators to help grow our audience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of web production experience or similar experience in print or television newsrooms
- Comfortable with working on a range of content management systems and expert in use of social media to promote and distribute news content
- Ability to work professionally with station staff to put out the best possible digital product
- Passion for the news, digital presentation and a commitment to fairness and accuracy
- Curiosity about latest digital tools and a willingness to experiment with new ways to tell stories and reach a wider audience
- Knowledge of Final Cut Pro and Photoshop, and experience creating digital-only video and social graphics is preferred but not required
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Please use this link to apply for the Web Producer position: