Posted On: June 7, 2017
Media Organization: German Accelerator Inc.
The German Accelerator is providing a three to nine-month growth acceleration program to help selected German startups in the Tech and Life Science sector to successfully tap into the U.S. market and finance opportunities by providing access to infrastructure, mentoring, events and access to a large network. Are you passionate about innovation, startups and entrepreneurship? This is your opportunity to contribute to shaping the future of Germany’s technologies and innovations.
Starting Date: asap (full-time, minimum duration of six months)
Compensation: yes, paid position
German Accelerator Tech is looking for a self-starter to join our team in New York City. The Marketing & Operations Associate will work hands-on with a selection of the best German tech startups and develop opportunities with the German Accelerator Tech team to aid, improve, and run the daily tasks of an accelerator. This role is a great starting point for people looking to get into venture capital, accelerators and incubators in a fast-moving, international environment.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Research and create content to be posted on our website as well as multiple social media channels
- Assist in keeping German Accelerator website and social media channels up to date
- Organize local events that connect GA with the startup community and mentors
- Assist Head of Operations as point of contact in New York City between GA offices, mentors, and its sponsors/partners
- Update documents for startups, provide help to startups before/during/after their program participation
- Assist in creating daily/monthly/quarterly/annual analyses and monitoring
- Initiate changes to operational procedures, where applicable, ensuring consistency with regulatory requirements and corporate guidelines
- Perform a variety of ad-hoc tasks, such as coordinating meetings and attending conferences
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Excellent language skills (oral and written) in English (German is a plus)
- Background in journalism, marketing, or similar, ideally with experience creating content for a magazine, blog or other publication
- Eager to learn and present creative PR & marketing ideas
- Entrepreneurial mindset and strong interest in tech startup scene
- Ability to condense large amounts of information into clear and concise content pieces
- Detail-oriented, open-minded self-starter with “Can Do” attitude
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow and manage several projects independently
Please let us know why you are excited about this opportunity and send your resume and cover letter to Stephanie Korbely: firstname.lastname@example.org