Posted On: July 28, 2017
Media Organization: E! Entertainment
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
The News Operations Associate will be responsible for newsgathering for all E! platforms. The right candidate should be able to multi-task, have a proven editorial judgment, be a forward thinker and have a strong work ethic. A passion for pop culture is a must. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter who can work independently and quickly in a fast-pace news environment. Candidate must have newsroom experience and be able to handle breaking news and/or work under tight deadlines.
- Shift is M-F (early mornings)
- Must have a background in news, entertainment news and/or related field
- Gather editorial information for all E! platforms including magazine assets, calling authorities, maintaining the editorial calendar noting future events
- Should be familiar with the court system(s) and capable of building strong relationships with law enforcement
- Develop sources within a number of areas and contribute to the newsgathering process in a meaningful way
- Must be highly adaptable and able to handle breaking news or shifting priorities
- Conduct interviews with person(s) of interest and attorneys
- Develop and maintain working relationships with magazine and PR contacts
- Monitor competitor websites, news wires, and various social media channels
- Clears social media content for all E! platforms
- Has a pulse on pop culture events and ongoing celebrity news stories
- Strong knowledge of pop culture, celebrity news and the E! brand
- Superior communication skills, with the capacity to handle high volume email and requests
- Must be extremely organized and able to effectively prioritize responsibilities and projects
- Commitment to accuracy and detail
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Google Docs and iNews
- A minimum of 2 years newsroom experience and/or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
Please send resumes to Lindsay.Good@nbcuni.com