Posted On: August 2, 2017
Media Organization: MICRO
MICRO is the first distributed museum. We are building a fleet of six foot tall museums that get installed in hospitals, airports and the DMV. We bring together scientists, designers and storytellers to take a vast, complex world, and squeeze it down into boxes the size of vending machines.
Our first series, the Smallest Mollusk Museum, is launching publicly in September 2017. We’re now working on our second museum series, the Perpetual Motion Museum, which explores thermodynamics and humanity's age-old thirst for energy.
In 2018, MICRO will release a series on chemistry, and the prototype of our fourth series, a tiny museum of contemporary art.
MICRO has been called a “story telling machine,” and was awarded the Tribeca Film Institute’s 2017 New Media Award, and the Editors’ Choice Award at the World Maker Faire.
MICRO is looking for a part-time writer who can write sassy copy across a broad range of content.
You will be writing grants and reports for foundations as well as sales and presentation decks, emails, and general copy as needed. Working across lots of voices and audiences is fun for you. You can whip up copy, make it shine, give it tentacles.
- Write great copy across a range of styles and voices.
- Love putting together outstanding grant proposals.
- Can work with a distributed team. You’re pro at using the full Google Suite and juggling meetings across time zones on skype, hangouts, etc.
- Take initiative and know how to organize yourself. We have a preference for people with a background in freelancing, but are open to the right self-motivated person.
- Hold yourself to high research standards. We’re serious about our science communication.
- Fact check and copy edit your own work as a matter of course.
- Have a lot of hats, and feel comfortable wearing them in quick succession.
- Are familiar with the language used in science communication, environmentalism, education, and/or museum studies.
Please apply with a short cover email, your resume, and links/spreads to at least three writing samples.
If possible, include a grant proposal/development writing sample.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org