Posted On: September 21, 2017
Media Organization: Mendel Communications
Mendel Communications is a boutique public relations firm specializing in strategic communications and branding for clients that include multi-billion-dollar asset managers within the credit, private equity, and real estate sector, their portfolio companies (including retail, energy, and consumer products companies) as well as two major league sports franchises.
Mendel Communications is seeking a student or recent graduate for its part-time Accounts Coordinator position to assist with daily media reports and client communications. We would expect the hired candidate to be able to work approximately 4 hours daily during the week at our offices in Columbus Circle. We are seeking to fill the position ASAP and it would last approximately 5 months, with the potential for continued employment after that.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Monitoring & compiling media mentions and relevant press to produce a daily media report to clients
• Maintaining and updating press databases and media interaction reports
• Assisting with the drafting of press releases and other media communications (including strategic communications plans and proposals)
• Assisting with the distribution of communications to the media, including pitching stories to reporters
• Researching media traction on behalf of clients
• Office management
This is a position for someone who is detailed and analytical with strong writing capabilities and a general understanding of the media landscape--with a particular focus on financial media. Applicants should work well under strict deadlines.
Applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Sarah Troutt at firstname.lastname@example.org