Posted On: October 2, 2017
Media Organization: NK News
NK News is a young and growing company. We are currently looking for energetic and success-driven individuals to join our team. Headquartered in the U.S, we are looking for a full-time journalist to work from our Seoul office. Despite being one of the world's most challenging news environments, we break news and produce in-depth features, analysis and data on the DPRK. We differentiate ourselves from the competition because we are funded by our subscribers, which allows us to keep our reporting free of political bias or agenda.
Korea Risk Group, the parent company of NK News, is seeking a Seoul-based, bilingual Korean / English journalist on a full-time permanent basis.
A strong news sense, creative approach to the topic, demonstrable North Korea reporting experience, ability to grasp and communicate complex geopolitical issues, and a proven ability to work independently are all critical skills for this role.
Full-time North Korea Correspondent responsibilities:
- Writing unique and high-quality news stories about North Korea, daily
- Writing regular features, investigations, and analyses on contemporary topics of interest for subscribers
- Regular solicitation of thought-provoking opinion and qualified analysis from outside contributors within correspondent’s network
- Building and maintaining contacts in the North Korea community
- Ideally at least two to three years experience in digital or print journalism
- High-quality Korean language skills (native fluency preferable, but not required)
- High-quality English skills (native fluency preferable, but not required)
- Ability to handle pressure of meeting tight deadlines
Ideally, experience using software including Google Docs, Google Earth, Photoshop, and Video editing software
- Collaborative team player with the confidence and integrity to earn people’s confidence, internally and externally, and put them at ease
- Understanding of differing requirements of users within fields of government, academia, think-tank, media, business sectors
Please send your résumé, three writing samples (two news stories and one feature) and a cover letter by October 14 to: email@example.com
Desired start date: Late October/Early November 2017