Posted On: October 10, 2017
Media Organization: International Atomic Energy Agency
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Vienna, Austria is the world's center for cooperation in the nuclear field committed to promoting safe, secure and peaceful uses of nuclear technology. The IAEA offers opportunities to engage current, meaningful issues of global peace, security and development while working in a multicultural environment. Working at the IAEA is a rewarding experience and provides an opportunity to contribute to the promotion of peaceful uses of nuclear technology and to sustainable development. As the largest contributor to IAEA programs, the U.S. is committed to encouraging well-qualified professionals and students an opportunity to temporarily join the IAEA's workforce to gain international work experience and to learn specialized skills under the guidance of a senior professional staff member. Contribute to international peace and development through an overseas assignment in Vienna, Austria.
The Outreach Officer develops and coordinates multifaceted communication campaigns which highlight the significant contribution of the IAEA in ensuring global nuclear security. In addition, he/she is International Atomic Energy Agency Page 2 NSNS's main focal point for organizing in-house briefings requested by Member States, international organizations and NGOs. He/she is responsible for the production of and maintenance of a comprehensive suite of outreach material for use by the IAEA staff and dissemination to the general public.
Functions/Key Results Expected-
• Actively support the Division’s efforts to raise the IAEA’s profile in nuclear security through public information dissemination.
• Write and edit, to establish deadlines, public information content for print and digital distribution.
• Serve as focal point for planning and coordinating public information materials related to nuclear security.
• Advise senior management on improving public information materials.
• Deliver lectures on the IAEA and its role in nuclear security.
• Support the development of an outreach strategy for major events.
• Develop information materials (e.g., brochures, flyers, web pages) and coordinate events aimed at apprising stakeholders IAEA-wide of the range and nature of the IAEA Nuclear Security Programme.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities-
• Expert in Public Information and External Relations – Creating Visibility for the Organization: Identifies opportunities to promote the Agency’s nuclear security activities.
• Expert in Public Information and External Relations – Global Advocacy: Provides input and develops material to promote the Agency’s role.
• Expert in Public Information and External Relations – Public Information and Communication: Produces outreach material that addresses both technical and non-technical audiences.
• An understanding of the global nuclear security framework an asset.
Education, Experience and Language Skills-
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, international relations or similar.
• Minimum of five years of working experience with increasing responsibilities in public affairs, communications and related fields, specifically demonstrating capabilities to effectively write, edit and present public information on complex subjects for print and digital media, preferably at international or intergovernmental level.
• Experience in developing content that may utilize social media, multimedia, apps and web publishing tools.
• Experience in supervising editorial production of print and public information products, including publications in multiple language editions.
• Fluency in English essential. Knowledge of Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish an asset.
Apply at: https://international.anl.gov/careers.html#cfe
If you wish to apply for one of the CFE positions above, please complete the CFE Checklist, and upload it along with a resume and a cover letter to https://international.anl.gov/iaeaapplications.html indicating to which position you are applying. Please include position ID (NSNS201701-P3) in the top left of all pages.