Posted On: November 1, 2017
Media Organization: Being Patient
Being Patient is a digital news start-up building editorially independent platforms that report on important health issues from the patient’s point of view. Starting with Alzheimer's Disease, we cover the latest research on its prevention, cure and treatment. We examine efforts by the scientific community to find a cure and unravel its cause. We find the human stories behind the disease and elevate the patient’s voice in the conversation.
We're looking for an experienced social media manager who is dynamic, self-motivated, creative and eager to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Our social media manager will:
1. Manage our social media accounts including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
2. Create social-specific content (including video clips, quote cards and written pieces) and manage editorial workflow.
3. Design, plan and execute creative campaigns to increase our reach/followers.
4. Actively engage with influencers and existing groups on social media to understand the most important issues to them.
5. Research trends, developments and tools for social media and continually optimise our accounts/content to take advantage of these.
6. Research our competition in the social space and help to define our voice.
7. Measure all of our social campaigns to identify actionable insights and contribute to our overall editorial and product strategy.
1. B.A. in a relevant field e.g. journalism, digital marketing
2. 2-3 years working in social media and/or digital marketing
3. Thorough understanding of social platforms and relevant scheduling / reporting tools e.g. Coschedule, Google
4. Analytics, Facebook and Twitter Advertising
5. Proven ability to deliver campaigns that increase brand awareness, audience reach and impact on social media
Full or part-time depending on availability, minimum 15-20 hours a week
Send your resume, a writing sample and cover letter to Odharnait Ansbro (firstname.lastname@example.org).