Posted On: November 8, 2017
Media Organization: EdLab, Teachers College Columbia University
EdLab is a research, design, and development unit at Teachers College, Columbia University. EdLab envisions and pilots knowledge projects for a fundamentally different education sector that is attuned to the emerging post-industrial world. EdLab engages in work that has the potential to contribute to the improvement of educational institutions today and the broader evolution and reconfiguration of future educational services.
EdLab, Teachers College Columbia University is seeking a Digital Publishing Associate. EdLab envisions, designs, and pilots knowledge projects for a fundamentally different education sector that is attuned to the emerging post-industrial, information-based, globally-connected world. EdLab is organized in small flexible multi-disciplinary teams that collaborate to develop products of distinction.
The Digital Publishing Associate will assist the Digital Publishing Manager in coordinating content for the editorial office and online operations for the Teachers College Record (TCR), New Learning Times (NLT), and other publications. The incumbent will help ensure that the publishing team operates to meet the needs of editors, authors, and subscribers.
This is a one-year appointment with possibility for renewal.
● Assist with management of the TCR Editorial Office and the EdLab Publishing Center
● Provide exceptional support and service to Publishing Center patrons
● Coordinate the flow of content through all stages of the publishing process from submission to publication
● Maintain broad knowledge of educational research
● Foster positive relationships with key external vendors and key internal resources and publishing center affiliates
● Leverage publishing related analytics to drive innovations and experiments in digital content
● Bachelor's degree
● Minimum 1–2 years of digital publishing experience
● Strong verbal and written communication skills; editing experience; pays close attention to detail
● Demonstrated ability to create, innovate, and collaborate
● Experience managing multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines
● Experience in a research and development setting
● Knowledge of educational research and scholarship
● A track record of participation in all phases of the digital publishing process
● Demonstrated capacity to deliver in a fast-paced service environment
● Proven ability to analyze current and emerging customer use patterns
● Familiarity with major figures and areas of scholarship in the field of educational research
● Experience with online publications and/or publishing systems
● Experience with marketing techniques and strategies
● Experience working with technical systems and staff who develop and support them
● Ability to articulate an interest in the education sector and a vision for new technologies and materials to advance learning
Please send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org