Posted On: December 7, 2017
Media Organization: Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer is a global leader in professional information services. Professionals in the areas of legal, business, tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance and healthcare rely on Wolters Kluwer’s market leading information-enabled tools and software solutions to manage their business efficiently, deliver results to their clients, and succeed in an ever more dynamic world.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2014 annual revenues of €3.7 billion. The group serves customers in over 170 countries, and employs over 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on NYSE Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolters Kluwer has a sponsored Level 1 American Depositary Receipt program. The ADRs are traded on the over-the-counter market in the U.S. (WTKWY).
For more information about our products and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow @WKHealth or @Wolters_Kluwer on Twitter, like us on Facebook, follow us on LinkedIn, or follow WoltersKluwerComms on YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions, customer / business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
1. Assists Executive Editor and Managing Editor of two publications—a tabloid newspaper for neurology physicians and a consumer-friendly magazine for patients published in cooperation with a medical society partner.
2. Copyedits, researches, and proofreads assigned articles.
3. Writes regular articles as assigned by the editor.
4. Develops best practices/strategies for driving traffic to the publication websites.
5. Manages and posts to the publication’s social media sites at least five times a day.
6. Surveys daily news feeds to determine noteworthy briefs in the specialty for possible article follow-up and/or posting to the website news blogs.
7. Updates and maintains the publication websites with rich media and news briefs.
8. Creates and produces podcasts.
9. Researches and keeps up to date with developments in the field to identify newsworthy articles and topics for both the physician and consumer-friendly publication.
10. Attends relevant meetings/conferences as assigned, conferring with editor about which to follow up on to write articles about, conducting additional interviews as needed.
11. Takes minutes in monthly editorial meetings
12. Works with the editor to manage/traffic production of the print to iPad editions.
13. Finds free or low-cost artwork to enhance articles both in print and on online.
14. Participates in and contributes to regular department and company-wide meetings, as well as publication-specific meetings.
15. Participates in regular meetings with — and maintains a positive working relationship with — staff and officers of the medical society partner.
16. Responds to the needs and concerns of readers of both publications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Copyediting, proofreading, and rewriting.
Writing lively headlines, captions, callouts, and cover lines.
Writing and editing articles as assigned.
Posting regularly to the social media sites to drive traffic to publication website.
Researching/keeping up to date with developments in the field to identify newsworthy articles and topics.
Writing briefs/longer form articles on relevant meetings.
Posting brief articles to the website, as well as keeping it up to date.
Tracking analytics of web traffic
Writing and posting news to the website.
Researching and identifying appropriate free/low-cost artwork to use to enhance articles both in print and online.
Participating in and contributing to publication-specific meetings with the society partner, as well as department-wide and company-wide meetings
Assisting with new product planning and development.
Distributing snail mail; answering reader letters; managing public mailbox for both publications
Performing other editorial tasks and projects as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 2+ years editorial experience in medical publishing, preferably with controlled-circulation, newspaper-style publications.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
• Strong editing and rewriting skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good project management skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Knowledge of social media sites
• Knowledge of SEO and other web optimization strategies
• Familiarity with creating podcasts
• Ability to juggle multiple daily tasks
• Ability to work closely with editorial and design teams
• Ability to work closely with staff of medical society partner
As needed, on occasion, to conferences
Email resume and cover letter to HRSource@WoltersKluwer.com.
For any assistance with your application for this job opening, please call the HR Source at (888) 495-4772.