Posted On: January 3, 2018
Media Organization: Armenian General Benevolent Union (AGBU)
The Armenian General Benevolent Union was established in 1906 and is the world’s largest non-profit organization devoted to preserving and promoting the Armenian identity and heritage through educational, cultural, and humanitarian programs. AGBU currently has a presence in 31 countries, annually touching the lives of some 500,000 Armenians worldwide.
The Press Office Manager & Writer will report to the Director of Communications and will manage assignments and relations with all departments and program officers, as well as with offices globally, to acquire relevant content, write stories and cover all news and current affairs initiatives for AGBU. Excellent written communication skills, as well as strong oral communication and interpersonal skills are required.
• Responsible for managing the press office and story assignments Help identify funding priorities and set campaign goals for special projects and one-time funding initiatives
• Actively liaise and coordinate with AGBU global entities to create current editorial content
• Research and write articles to support the publication of AGBU News Magazine, The Insider Magazine and other publications and proactively develop and chase news story ideas based on daily discussions with program officers, central office staff and global districts and chapters
• Assist, support and implement the AGBU communication plan and the AGBU voice
• Attend meetings and events as needed
• Generate internal reports for senior management and other duties as required
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Submissions will be accepted until the position is filled. Initial interviews of strong candidates will be held as submissions are received. Salary commensurate with experience. No phone calls please.