Posted On: January 31, 2018
Media Organization: People Magazine
Time Inc. is one of the world’s leading media companies, with a monthly global print audience of more than 120 million and worldwide digital properties that attract more than 150 million visitors each month, including over 60 websites. Our influential brands include People, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Time and Real Simple as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the UK.
People magazine’s Editorial Operations group is looking for a content coordinator to join its staff. The ideal candidate should have strong experience working with editors, writers, fact-checkers and copyeditors. Attention to detail, positive attitude, willingness to learn, ability to work both as part of a team and independently and strong organizational skills are required in order to be successful in this role. A basic understanding of the editorial production process is also a must, including print and digital. This individual will work directly with all People editors, plus the legal, production, and freelance edit staff of all People brand products.
• Track story progress, from ideation to publication, creating production schedules and monitoring work both by the minute and the month
• Maintain story lists for weekly pitch meeting
• Assist with writing/editing FOB sections, such as Mail
• Manage licensing and syndication
• Collaborate with Legal and Corporate teams as necessary
• Work with Operations and Production teams to improve workflow and maintain efficiencies
• Offer general staff support and office/facilities support
• Articulate: You’re able to communicate clearly with colleagues at all levels and feel comfortable giving direction to both peers and senior staff.
• Organized: You’re a productivity-app guru, calendars are your best friend and you thrive on building the most efficient processes and systems.
• Collaborative: You’re a team player.
• Able to multi-task: You can meet deadlines and handle multiple projects.
Please apply via the following link: https://boards.greenhouse.io/timeinc/jobs/993452