Posted On: June 25, 2018
Media Organization: AskMen (Ziff Davis)
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
AskMen is a leading digital lifestyle brand, providing expert advice and product recommendations to help men make better choices in dating & relationships, personal style, health & fitness and more. The site attracts 14 million monthly unique visitors worldwide.
We are looking for a dynamic Health & Fitness Editor to join our New York or Montreal team. This role will report to the Managing Editor, and you will be tasked with running all of our Health & Fitness content -- from conception and planning to publication. The ideal candidate should also be proficient in digital content production in a CMS, procuring assets from various sources and able to track metrics on stories to strategize future story ideas.
In this role, your content should drive top engagement and facilitate our company mission as “the most trusted purchase companion.”
We’re Looking For Someone Who Is
• Well versed in health and fitness - you know the latest fitness trends and be able to navigate around a gym
• A problem solver - You have lots of initiative and strong problem-solving skills. You demonstrate a sense of urgency -- you like to do things well and finish them quickly. When things aren’t working, you’re not afraid to try new things and pivot.
This role is ideal for someone who enjoys creating a narrative around products. You’re a born storyteller and a fitness fanatic, and you are able to shift your thinking between the two disciplines.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Contributing to the planning of the editorial roadmap, and lead the execution of various editorial projects -- including working with freelance writers, editing copy and building content in a CMS.
• Conduct self-lead research to identify content creation and marketing opportunities.
• Track metrics on content produced and use data to influence future editorial decisions.
• Contributing to the ongoing evolution of health & fitness commerce content across AskMen.
• Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications or equivalent experience
• 1-3 years of experience in writing/editing digital content in a fast-paced environment
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Driven to hit traffic goals through creating quality content, optimizing for SEO and using online analytics tools (such as Google Analytics)
• A strong interest in the health and wellness space, and the products that go along with it
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com