Posted On: September 15, 2010
Edits and writes research, promotional, and Web content, as assigned.
• Works collaboratively with Senior Editors to help determine the status and acceptability of incoming research manuscripts and to advise authors on any necessary revisions.
• Provides regular project updates and maintains project progress reports to facilitate communications among departments and to help ensure efficient trafficking.
• Edits and coordinates release of selected periodicals, including online newsletters
• Proofreads galleys and checks blues.
• Assists in developing and carrying out other Publishing group initiatives.
Requires: At least 6 years of work experience editing and writing — preferably a significant amount of it in print/Web business publishing environments. A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal, writing, and leadership skills. Detail-oriented, extremely organized, and able to manage multiple priorities and projects. Experienced in working with design and production staffs. Able to cultivate relationships with senior researchers and other authors. Proficient in MS Word; Quark and PowerPoint a plus.
Provide cover letter and resume; (state job number and title in subject area of email)