Posted On: September 15, 2010
Media Organization:The Advisory Board Company
Forbes: Ranked one of the 200 Best Small Companies, 2009
Vault.com: Listed among Top 50 Consulting Firms, 2009
Modern Healthcare: 2009 "Best Places to Work"
Finalist, Washington Business Journal's Business Philanthropy Awards, 2009
Modern Healthcare: Listed among the Largest Healthcare Management Consultants, 2009
The Advisory Board Company
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO) is a leading health care services firm providing best practices insight, leadership development, implementation and technology solutions. The company currently serves over 2,800 of the country's preeminent hospitals and health care systems as well as pharmaceutical and medical device companies and insurers. Our continually expanding business portfolio provides employees with significant opportunities for career development at an accelerated pace, while an employee-focused internal environment places emphasis on service ethic, spirit of generosity, team engagement, and continuous learning.
Associate Editor, California Healthline and iHealthBeat
We are seeking an Associate Editor to support California Healthline and iHealthBeat, daily news digests covering California health care issues and the health information technology landscape. The Associate Editor will work in the Advisory Board Company's news division, which includes American Health Line, the Daily Briefing, the Daily Women's Health Policy Report, the Greater Cincinnati Health Watch and the Trauma Watch -- news publications covering a broad range of health policy issues that are read by thousands of people in government, advocacy and business groups. The Associate Editor will:
• Participate in news gathering process, as well as select and assign stories for publication;
• Write, edit and enter content into the publishing system;
• Manage staff writers;
• Interact with clients and readers;
• Collaborate with other editors within the department;
• Think creatively about our content and generate new ideas; and
• Develop relationships with industry, policy and academic news sources.
California Healthline and iHealthBeat are produced by the Advisory Board on behalf of the California HealthCare Foundation.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Demonstrated writing and editing experience
• Degree in Journalism, Communications, or Online Media
• Demonstrated expertise in health policy
• Online publishing experience
• Demonstrated ability to create, adapt, and unify content specifically for Web
• Proven to be organized, task-oriented, proactive, and deadline-driven
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to build relationships while negotiating, prioritizing, and managing concurrent projects
Benefits: Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package, including a comprehensive health plan, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a daytime leave policy for community service, a medical flexible spending account, and additional attractive benefits.
An Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please follow the below link to our online application tool.