Posted On: September 15, 2010
Home4Dance is the Premier Network for Dance.
Our mission is to empower the dance community by providing the most innovative technologies to maximize career and business opportunities across the Dance Industry. Imagine all the relevant features of Linkedin, Facebook, Backstage, Monster and IMDB integrated into a professional network exclusively for dance.
We are looking for a talented, driven, detail-oriented, efficient, and organized Managing Editor who can help produce and coordinate the Home4Dance Blogs while maintaining journalistic and copy editing standards.
Prior management and online magazine or blog production experience is required. Experience and knowledge of the Dance Industry and dance writing is a major plus.
Job responsibilities include:
* Working closely with the Editor in Chief
* Working with all writers and editors to get story submissions in on time, copy-editing, hiring, organizing editorial budget and production schedule for our blogs.
* Posting blog entries.
* Line editing and copy editing stories from freelance writers and staff editors.
* Coordinating the efforts of editorial and production staffers.
Essential skills and qualifications include:
* 2 years of magazine and/or online publishing experience, preferably with some experience managing people. Or equivalent credentials.
* Solid knowledge of blogs, the basics of copy editing, fact-checking, and online magazine production.
* Experience with content management software such as WordPress or Movable Type.
* Excellent time management, multitasking, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
The ideal candidate must be flexible, pro-active, new media savvy, and able to work independently. Our ideal candidate should also be comfortable working from home and logging into our offices communicating remotely with live chat, Skype and through our Home4Dance network
Please email your resume, cover letter and writing sample to Ani Simon-Kennedy, Editor-in-Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org