Posted On: October 1, 2010
Media Organization:AOL - Asylum.com
The Asylum Network, AOL's network of men's lifestyle websites is seeking a creative, organized and internet-savvy intern. The sites cover news, pop culture, comics, tech, style, science, food, sex, relationships, and more, all with a strong shot of personality. Asylum.com is the largest men's lifestyle site on the Web.
We're looking for a quick study who can help with editorial and programming tasks, with an emphasis on production and behind-the-scenes functions, including:
* Site updates and daily site maintenance
* Content production, including image cropping, text formatting, and cross promotional linking
* Data collection, management, and generating web statistics reports
* Daily monitoring of news, blogs, and web trends
* Social media assistance
* Assistance with events and marketing
Should be familiar with a combination of subject matters within the Asylum Network, including men's media, humor websites, what's buzzing on the Internet, comic books, science fiction, pop culture, street fashion and trends, as well as best practices of blogging, social media, and viral marketing. A sense of humor will prove to be extremely handy.
* Interest in online media and internet-based businesses.
* Communications, or Journalism preferred
* Superior communications skills, both oral and written
* Well organized, able to multi-task, able to prioritize with minimal direction
* Able to follow up with project partners to ensure accurate and timely completion of deliverables, strong organizational skills
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Please submit a resume, cover letter and contact information to:
Managing Editor, Asylum.com