Posted On: March 8, 2011
Media Organization: World Science Festival
The annual World Science Festival is a production of the Science Festival Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in New York City. The Foundation’s mission is to cultivate a general public informed by science, inspired by its wonder, convinced of its value, and prepared to engage with its implications for the future. The Board includes Alan Alda, the actor/author/director; Lee Bollinger, the President of Columbia University; Brian Greene, Professor of Physics and Mathematics at Columbia University, and author of The Elegant Universe; Tracy Day, the Executive Director of The World Science Festival, who is a four-time National News Emmy award-winning journalist; and Judith Cox, the President of the Science Festival Foundation, who was Deputy Director of The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation and instrumental in its New York and international operations.
The World Science Festival’s signature event is an annual week-long celebration and exploration of science that launched in 2008. Hailed a “new cultural institution,” by the New York Times, the Festival has featured luminaries from the worlds of science, the arts, business, media, policy and government. The first three Festivals attracted over 465,000 visitors; millions more have viewed the programs online.
Job responsibilities will include:
• Upload and migrate population of content for World Science Festival's new website currently under construction
• Daily maintenance of World Science Festival's new video department (WSFtv; www.wsf.tv)
• Create new content entries daily: write descriptions; enter into system; upload assets
• Update social media outlets (Twitter/Facebook) and maintain engagement
• Design, copyedit, send, and track email newsletters using established lists and CRM client
• Site-wide adjustments as needed
• Other various web editorial/production tasks as needed
Ideal candidate will have strong overall computer skills; basic knowledge of web-standard best practices; experience maintaining a website using a Content Management System; excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; excellent organizational and time management skills; attention to detail; ability to work independently; ability to work with a variety of people across departments. Strong interest in and knowledge about popular science topics preferable. Experience with a digital marketing client, email list manager, or other CRM platform a plus.
For consideration, please send resume with a cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org