Posted On: April 20, 2011
Media Organization: Law360
Portfolio Media, Inc., publisher of a daily legal news service called Law360, provides trusted and concise around-the-clock news coverage of major legal developments. Our publication has fast become a must-have for legal practitioners. Our subscribers include top law firms, in-house counsels at major corporations and government regulatory agencies. Visit www.law360.com to learn more.
Portfolio Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Portfolio Media, Inc. is seeking a full-time Reporter to cover breaking news about litigation, law and policy for our daily online news service. Reporters will cover a wide array of practices, including employment law, environmental law, intellectual property law and securities law, in industries such as energy, financial services, health-care, media and technology. On a typical day, reporters will file four stories, including updates on court cases and other news of interest to business lawyers. All candidates would be trained to cover legal topics, and no legal degree or experience is required. However, work experience as a reporter and strong reporting, writing and analytical abilities are required to succeed in this job.
What We're Looking For:
· BA/BS in Journalism
· 2 years of paid, full time reporting experience or relevant graduate degree
· Demonstrated reporting, writing and organizational skills
· Interest in business and legal issues
Preferences (one or more would be desirable):
· Graduate degree
· Experience in news reporting (AP Style)
· Experience in covering legal and regulatory affairs
· Experience in covering business news
· Experience in meeting daily deadlines
What We Offer:
· Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, paid time off, 401(k) and other perks
· Professional yet casual work environment conveniently located in Union Square
Interested? Please read carefully:
· Qualified candidates will be asked to take a writing and reporting test electronically
· No special scheduling or relocation considerations will be given to candidates outside the metropolitan area
· No phone calls please