Posted On: May 23, 2011
Media Organization: Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.
Oppenheimer & Co. Inc., a leading investment bank, is seeking a research associate to support our Senior Analyst for Aerospace & Defense. The position is located in New York.
Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.
Job Posting (as of 5/23/2011): Research Associate, Aerospace & Defense
The position involves collaborating with the senior analyst in every aspect of the equity research process. You will hunt for novel information and data points on the Aerospace & Defense industry. You will build and update financial models for companies under coverage and the broader industry. You will combine qualitative insights with quantitative analysis to generate original hypotheses about the stocks under our coverage. You will clothe your hard work and discovery in language that is digestible, clever, and clear.
The ideal candidate will have all or most of the qualifications listed below.
• Intellectual curiosity. The position requires a passion for learning and figuring things out, as well as the intellectual nimbleness and integrity to change one’s view in the face of new fact patterns.
• Writing. You should have impeccable grammar, a broad vocabulary, and the ability to present information and analysis in a clear, compelling, and organized manner.
• Accounting and valuation. The candidate should have a thorough understanding of accounting and valuation principles.
• Modeling skills. The position requires familiarity with Excel and the ability to create and update moderately complex financial models.
• Independence. Many projects will require the associate to work on his or her own. The candidate should be a self-starter and feel excited about taking ownership of challenging assignments that require both big thinking and attention to detail.
• Zippiness. Some projects will need to be executed under extreme time pressures. The candidate should have the ability to work quickly and efficiently, and to understand the importance of hitting deadlines.
• Communication skills. In time, the associates will interact with internal sales and trading, external clients, and a broad cross-section of industry professionals and executives. Responsiveness and professionalism are a must.
• Aerospace & Defense experience. The ideal candidate will have prior experience analyzing or working in the Aerospace & Defense industry. This is not a prerequisite, however.
• Sell-side experience. A few years of sell- or buy-side experience would be helpful but not necessary.
• Credentials. MBA and/or CFA a plus, but not necessary. Series 7, 63, 86, 87 are also a plus.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. Please recognize that due to the volume of responses we may not be able to respond to all applicants. Please also specify in the subject line which position you are applying for; inquiries that do not specify will not be considered.
via email: firstname.lastname@example.org