Posted On: August 16, 2011
Media Organization: Budget Travel Magazine
BudgetTravel.com is the ultimate resource for the world's savviest travelers. It provides smart consumers with practical and timely tips and tools, uncovering the best under-the-radar discoveries and showing just how any destination can be made accessible.
BudgetTravel.com also provides users with exclusive Real Deals which can be sorted and searched by destination, gateway city, price point, interests, and more.
BudgetTravel.com is owned by IntelliTravel Media, Inc., along with Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel magazine. Budget Travel is published monthly (except for combined issues in December/January and July/August).
BudgetTravel.com has an opening for a fall editorial internship. This is an excellent opportunity for journalism students interested in a career in online writing and/or editing. Internships are unpaid and we are looking for someone who is available at least 12 hours per week. While editorial duties will be scaled to match your skill and academic level, we are looking for interns preferably at the graduate level who have a demonstrated maturity and who are familiar with the travel space and/or online media.
• attentiveness to detail
• ability to meet deadlines while working independently
• experience in Internet research
• course work in journalism, or a demonstrated commitment to journalism in one's extra-curricular time
• published clips and Web experience with a "practical-advice-oriented" journalism focus are a plus, but not required
• experience with HTML and with a content management system a plus, but not required
• familiarity with basic PC or Mac tools, such as MS Word
•passion for travel
Responsibilities include the following:
• learning our social media and content management systems to appropriately tag and organize our online content at budgettravel.com
• spot photography for our blog, hotels, and articles coverage, online and in print, and writing short posts for our blog, This Just In (http://current.newsweek.com/budgettravel/)
• creating at least one Web-only editorial project
• participation in editorial meetings
• administrative tasks, as needed, that require editorial judgment
•responding to reader questions
•writing opportunities for the right candidate
There are no opportunities for paid internships. We cannot help you obtain local housing. Our offices are located at 530 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10018.
Please send your résumé and cover letter to BTresumes@budgettravel.com.