Posted On: August 31, 2011
Media Organization: Blood Sweat and Cheers
Blood, Sweat & Cheers is bringing recess back by finding crazy competitions, awesome events and fun workouts. Our two editions (National and New York) deliver witty, 150-word articles to subscribers' inboxes. Articles are carefully researched, reported and written as front-of-book magazine pieces. We are the ultimate authority on "play lifestyle culture," and we live what we cover.
Do you like playing beer-league softball as much as watching the big game with friends? Do you spend weekends hiking, competing in obstacle course races and updating your fantasy sports team? Blood, Sweat & Cheers is looking for you to be our writer/editor.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Write well-reported, properly copyedited and hilarious copy on deadline
• Manage two editorial calendars, keep your ear to the ground and generate two unique, under-the-radar story ideas daily
• Efficiently brainstorm click-worthy email subjects, witty magazine-style headlines and SEO-friendly headlines
• Integrate SEO best practices into editorial copy
• Live and breathe "play lifestyle culture," have an eye for style and trends in sports gear and fashion
• Have a stable of freelance writers that you can occasionally turn to for assignments
• Have working knowledge of HTML and Photoshop
• Have experience coordinating public relations initiatives
• Have a basic knowledge of advertorial best-practices
• Be a highly-organized, self-motivated worker who thrives in a fast-paced environment, stays cool under pressure and enjoys problem solving
• Take pride and ownership in everything you do and be a team player who helps out coworkers in a jam
Culture and Compensation:
BSC Media, LLC offers a creative, fun, fast-paced and intellectually stimulating work environment at our office in Tribeca. Compensation is competitive and includes company equity.
Send a cover letter, resume and four published clips to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject must be: “BSC Writer/Editor Job Application.”