Posted On: September 15, 2011
Media Organization: Thomson Reuters
Location: Latin America – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Description: TV Reporter/Producer – 12 Month Contract
Thomson Reuters is looking for a self-driven and dynamic on air journalist to join our Latin America desk - to report on the Latin America region while located in Brazil. The successful candidate has to combine economic, political and general news coverage of Latin America that will connect the dots that makes sense for Thomson Reuters internal and external customers.
This is a creative and challenging position requiring excellent news judgment, and the ability to report across borders. He/She would also need to be effective at appearing on camera to do daily LIVE hits, as well as write, edit and voice packages.
He/She should be equally comfortable covering an earthquake, producing a diplomatic analysis and writing colorful stories on distinctive social, cultural and technological features to serve broadcast clients.
Proven track record covering economic, political and general news (minimum 4 years experience)
Strong on-camera presence (examples of on-camera work essential)
• Ability to work under tight deadlines, digesting sometimes complex regional stories quickly
• Ability to write and edit TV packages, using visuals to their fullest potential
• Working knowledge of Portuguese
• Ability to work with the TV team in Brazil, also in the large network of Reuters TV producers across the region
• Ability to use digital editing systems to produce packages and shoot is a plus
Please send CV reel to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your email address and reel to: