Posted On: October 8, 2011
Paid Journalism Internship
Media Organization: Blood, Sweat & Cheers
Blood, Sweat & Cheers is bringing recess back by finding crazy competitions, awesome events and fun workouts. Our two editions (National and New York) deliver witty, 150-word articles to subscribers' inboxes. Articles are carefully researched, reported and written as front-of-book magazine pieces. We are the ultimate authority on "play lifestyle culture," and we live what we cover.
BSC Media, LLC offers a progressive working environment as well as the chance to enter on the ground floor of an exciting, fast-growing start-up. Internship may lead to a full-time, paid position.
Do you like playing beer-league softball as much as watching the big game with friends? Do you spend weekends hiking, competing in obstacle course races and updating your fantasy sports team? Blood, Sweat & Cheers is looking for you to be our editorial intern.
POSITION: Editorial internship at start-up sports lifestyle email newsletter and website
LOCATION: New York City, but can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
REQUIREMENTS: Must be a recent grad, grad school student or college senior with experience at a student newspaper
Editorial Internship Description:
● Candidate will report directly to our staff of senior-level magazine editors
● Minimum time commitment is 3 months at 10 to 15-hours/week
● Compensation is $10/hour
Editorial Internship Role and Responsibilities:
● Generate and pitch story ideas; assist with editorial planning
● Copyedit and fact-check articles
● Liaise with publicists and companies to ensure delivery of test products
● Assist with various publicity and marketing initiatives
● Help drafting, design, and send press releases
● Report and write the occasional story
● Special projects, as needed
● Be a self-starter, detail-oriented, organized and capable of managing high-level responsibilities without significant supervision.
● Excellent research, writing and communication skills
● Superb grammar and firm grasp of AP style
● You must be strongly interested in active living and sports lifestyle culture
● Have Internet access and a computer with Microsoft Office
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter, resume and three writing samples to email@example.com. Subject should be: “BSC Editorial Internship.”