Posted On: November 1, 2011
Media Organization: Opalesque Ltd
Since 2001, Opalesque has been the leading news service provider to the hedge fund and alternative investments industry. Opalesque has a range of innovative media products, including: 10 specialty publications, our international Roundtable series that profiles top hedge fund managers and investors and our latest successful product, Opalesque.TV.
Opalesque is looking for a recent graduate of journalism school to fill the role of staff writer. Opalesque editors focus on emerging industry trends and market developments by producing daily original articles on the hedge fund industry, including interviews with top hedge fund managers and filtering relevant third party news to Opalesque.com.
The chosen candidate will be eager to learn the industry first hand and excited about the opportunity to work on many different operations within online news production.
Primary job responsibilities include:
• Select, review, rewrite and upload (publish) press releases on our site
• Conduct interviews, attend conferences and create articles and features
• Contribute to the news generation process of news selection and on occasion editing process
• Edit transcripts of Roundtable discussions
• Self-motivated, deadline driven and ability to self-manage
• Strong understanding of finance, investing, economy
• Must live in the tri-state area to be able to attend events and interviews
• Helpful: Basic understanding of web-tools like FTP software, basic HTML (mark-up) coding
Submit Resume to -