Posted On: November 17, 2011
Paid Journalism Internship
Media Organization: Mashable
Mashable is the largest independent news source dedicated to covering digital culture, social media and technology. Mashable reports on the importance of digital innovation and how it empowers and inspires people around the world.
Mashable’s 20 million monthly unique visitors and 4 million social media followers have become one of the most engaged online news communities. Numerous studies and leading publications have declared Mashable the most influential online news outlet and a must-read site.
Mashable is seeking ambitious and motivated undergraduate (juniors and seniors) and graduate-level community interns for Spring 2012 (January - May 2012).
As a community intern you'll have the opportunity to work with and learn from Mashable's community team in Mashable's New York City Headquarters. Responsibilities include moderating and engaging the Mashable community onsite and on its many social platforms, and working on community projects assigned by the community manager.
- Must be available a minimum of 18 hours a week
- Based in NYC
- Comfortable maintaining social platforms
- Have an understanding of using social media professionally
- Comfortable with statistics
- Comfortable moderating comments
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized
- Hard worker who’s driven and has a fantastic attitude
- Knowledge of the digital space and Mashable's core coverage areas