Posted On: December 21, 2011
Paid Journalism Internship
Media Organization: ABC News
More people get their news from ABC News than from any other source. ABC News is responsible for all of the ABC Television Network’s news programming on a variety of platforms: television, radio and digital.
Our ABC News internship program offers students:
- a world-class news production internship experience
- experience at a diversified global Fortune 100 company
- exposure to our business operations, technology and processes
- ability to participate in intern-specific and companywide activities for social networking
- opportunity to develop professionally with exposure to management
- competitive pay
ABC News has internship opportunities in the following areas:
- Good Morning America
- Newsmagazines (20/20, Primetime, What Would You Do?)
- World News with Diane Sawyer
- ABC News NOW
- ABC NewsOne and NewsOne Sports
- Brian Ross Investigative Unit
- Longform Documentary Unit
- Specialized Units
- ABC News Radio
- ABC News Assignment Desk
This internship program is open to undergraduate and graduate level students who are currently enrolled in school and are in their sophomore year at a minimum.
Interns MUST meet the following criteria:
- Currently earning a college/university degree in a related field
- Available a minimum of 16 hours per week
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint
The spring internship program runs approximately from January 2012 – May 2012.
New York, NY, Burbank, CA and Glendale, CA. Students must provide their own housing and transportation.
Hiring decisions are based on your major field of study, past work/internship experience, and extracurricular activities. We are looking for students who will make the most of this great opportunity.
Intern responsibilities may include:
- assisting crews and reporters on shoots/in field; scouting field locations; shooting footage
- supporting producers and editors; coordinating scripts
- pitching/developing ideas; assisting with story planning; following up on stories; conducting research and preparing materials for distribution
- editing clips using Avid; sitting in on editing sessions
- pitching, reporting and writing stories for web; updating social media sites
- logging/transcribing tapes; digitizing tapes; feeding tapes to various bureaus; processing file video requests
- booking guests and interviews; conducting preliminary interviews; setting up meetings
- crafting and sending out editorial advisories to affiliate stations
- scanning photos; ordering tapes; answering phones; handling administrative duties as needed
We offer an attractive hourly salary. Interns are not eligible for company medical benefits, holiday pay or sick pay.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=25348&siteid=5039&jobid=12427. Please remember to upload your actual resume file.
Please remember to upload/attach your resume file.
To learn more about our business, visit www.disneyabctv.com
Thank you for applying!
Req ID: 12427
All candidates MUST apply online at https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=25348&siteid=5039&jobid=12427. Please remember to upload your actual resume file.