Posted On: December 27, 2011
Media Organization: AOL
Yes, AOL has been around for more than 25 years, and yes, we are a leading global web services company operating one of the largest Internet subscription access services in the United States... but big-time things are in the works here. Our already extensive suite of brands now includes industry game-changers such as Huffington Post, Patch, TechCrunch and About.Me. We're working with up-and-coming artists from around the globe to re-invent our brand and help shape the art and design of tomorrow. We're not just embracing the newest online technologies, we are creating them. And at this very moment, we are re-energizing the Web as you know it with the highest quality content possible. Bottom line: We're not your grandma's AOL.
The Huffington Post is looking for a research intern to join the team of a HuffPost executive. We’re a tightly knit and fast moving team.
The ideal candidate will be:
- An organized and efficient researcher, able to distill large quantities of information into easily digestible nuggets. A large part of your responsibility will be preparing briefings and doing research on current events.
- Organized. We rely on our interns for help keeping everything filed and organized.
- Up-to-date and interested in current events. A lot of our events concern the news of the day.
- Outgoing. You’ll be asked to greet and interact with multiple people.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and flexible. Each day here is different – sometimes you’ll sit and quietly research, sometimes you’ll be asked to take on a lot more.
For the right candidate, there's also room for advancement. We're a growing company with lots of room for rising stars. While by no means guaranteed, some past interns have found full-time jobs in the company.
20 hours / week preferred.
This is a paid internship at $10/hr.
please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org