Posted On: March 6, 2012
Media Organization: NBC/iVillage
iVillage is the largest content-driven community for women online reaching 30 + million unique visitors per month (comScore). With over four million plus conversations annually and thousands of specific brands talked about weekly, iVillage is at the center of her digital routine.
Everyday women come to iVillage to connect, share advice, find life tools and engage in conversations that matter most to them in areas of Pregnancy & Parenting, Health, Food, Entertainment, Home & Garden and Beauty & Style.
Additional businesses and brand extensions within iVillage include iVillage UK, NBC Digital Health Network, Astrology.com and GardenWeb.
iVillage Inc., is based in New York City, and is part of the NBC Universal Women & Lifestyle Entertainment Networks Group.
NBC’s iVillage.com’s Parenting + Pregnancy, Love + Sex team is in search of highly motivated, responsible, web-savvy individuals who are college sophomores, juniors or seniors for a summer internship.
We prefer interns who are able to work each day of the summer (M-F, 9:30 to 6), but will also accept applications for those available at least three full days a week. Candidates should thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and should have an interest in women’s lifestyle issues and online media.
- College sophomore, junior or senior
- Ability to work in our Chelsea Market location in New York, NY
- Eligible to receive academic credit
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and juggle several long-term projects at one time
- Able to work efficiently and quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Specific background or interest in love/sex and pregnancy/parenting
- Web design and photo research skills
- Background working in online media
- Producing articles and slideshows
- Photo research for slideshows
- Daily news research
- Weekly links-we-love roundups
- Obtaining photos from PR contacts
- Calling in products as needed for articles
- Updating information for weekly meetings
- Pitching stories to editors
- Occasional writing assignments
Send a brief cover letter and resume to Associate Editor, Lindsay Tigar: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send materials by March 30.