Posted On: April 5, 2012
Media Organization: Milliman, Inc.
Milliman is among the world's largest providers of actuarial and related products and services. The firm has consulting practices in healthcare, property & casualty insurance, life insurance and financial services, and employee benefits. Founded in 1947, Milliman is an independent firm with offices in major cities around the globe. For further information, visit milliman.com.
The Media Relations Coordinator facilitates Milliman’s social media properties, monitors the use of the firm’s name and the activity of its consultants on social media, and regularly drafts, edits, and implements digital content.
1. Write every day about complex topics, including healthcare, insurance, and retirement plans.
2. Coordinate operation of firm’s blogs, LinkedIn sites, Twitter presences, and other social media properties.
3. Monitor social media use by consultants and the use of the firm’s name by the marketplace.
4. Author content for use in all kinds of social media channels.
5. Investigate and help determine the business value and proper use of emerging social media.
6. Manage contract writers on certain digital content initiatives.
7. Work with senior leadership, content managers, and subject matter experts to ensure all content is adequately peer reviewed.
8. Help develop and implement a curriculum for training professionals on the effective use of social media.
9. Provide support to the Director of Media Relations.
• Editorial Expertise—Experience in an editorial setting, preferably one involving complex B2B subject matter. Familiarity with coordinating content development and using style guides. Newsroom or other experience in an intense editorial environment a plus.
• Business Acumen—An aptitude for understanding how Milliman’s business works and an ability to use the web to respond to changing business needs.
• Autonomy—The capacity to self-motivate, plan effectively, problem solve, and generally understand and “own” the job; the mindset to grow into the job.
Applicants should provide a resume, cover letter, and writing samples.