Posted On: April 30, 2012
Media Organization: Current TV, LLC.
Current Media is the fastest growing cable network in history. Our Emmy-award-winning team delivers in-depth exploration of the world’s most important and entertaining stories to an engaged and interactive audience on-air and online. We are committed to providing our influential adult audience relevant content with the most integrated and immersive multi-platform experience possible.
Current media has smart, dedicated teams in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Europe, and is new viewed in more than 70 million homes worldwide.
Current’s digital team for “The War Room with Jennifer Granholm” develops content that complements and expands upon the War Room television experience. We work directly with on-air talent and show producers to create and optimize video, blogs and interactive experiences on Current.com and Current’s social media networks.
As a student intern on the War Room digital team you will have a unique hands-on learning experience doing the following:
- Assist in the production of digital videos from the War Room for posting on Current.com and Current social media properties
- Contribute original digital content such as blog posts and image galleries
- Think strategically and brainstorm with the team about online trends and how to best apply them to original content produced for Current.com
- Perform some administrative tasks in support of the team, as necessary
- Assist with creation and execution of social media content
- Attend all show production and digital content team meetings. Your contribution and ideas are encouraged!
- Current enrollment in an accredited college/university and able to earn school credit for your internship at Current
- Must be able to devote 20-40 hours per week
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills (at minimum, an ability to export media, select and groom images) – light training provided
- Experience producing content for web, including blogging and headline writing
- Experience shooting and editing video content for the web
- Strong knowledge of online content, social media trends and best practices in the digital space is a big plus
- Extremely strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple work streams
- Passion for political news commentary and elections coverage a major plus
If you’re looking for a rewarding opportunity and a great work environment, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the position you’re applying for in the subject line. Please tell us where you saw this position and the semester you are applying for. All internships are unpaid.