Posted On: June 27, 2012
Media Organization: Loop21
Loop21.com - a Loop Interactive Group LLC company – is a digital publication that reports on entertainment, national news, social issues, and cultural events of importance to career-driven urban professionals.
Loop21.com is looking for an Assignment Editor to manage, expand, and broaden its news gathering operations. As an Assignment Editor, you will manage a team of reporters, research news events, maintain frequent contact with news sources, prioritize news stories, assign stories, and write/edit news stories in a fast-paced internet environment.
We’re looking for a hands-on manager who is comfortable multitasking, leads by example, and inspires others to maximum effort. You must be well organized and deft at time management and maintaining timely news story production. A stickler for details, you refuse to sacrifice quality for the sake of expediency.
This position offers exceptional career growth opportunities and a national platform to showcase your talents.
● Manage and supervise a network for news reporters
● Identifies news trends using internet, social media, and on-the-ground news reports
● Maintains contacts with key news sources
● Stays on top of news trends and prioritizes story assignments
● Assign stories and manage deadlines
● Edit news stories to ensure consistency in style and voice
● Write engaging, tight headlines that address SEO requirements
● Post stories, write headlines, and assist with image selection
● Evaluate team performance based on web metrics
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com