Posted On: July 27, 2012
Media Organization: Cleveland Indians Baseball
Cleveland Indians. Creating memories. Connecting generations. Celebrating families.
As one of our City’s oldest institutions (professional baseball in Cleveland dates back to 1869), the Cleveland Indians organization celebrates its rich history and tradition and tirelessly works to deliver a superior fan experience that creates lasting memories and fosters civic pride. The Cleveland Indians look to hire individuals who are committed to our organizational values: Respect, Trust, Empowerment, Ownership, Collaboration, Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and Empathy. If you believe you possess these important values, please consider a career in with the Cleveland Indians.
To support the Communications Department with primary focus being on Corporate Communications. Assist department to achieve ultimate goal of increasing organizational exposure in traditional, non-traditional, social and digital media via media relations practices and “grass roots” marketing. Responsible for writing and distribution of business press releases, plus analysis and recaps of all PR activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Assists in writing and editing press releases, media advisories, message points, press conference scripts and other documents as needed for all communications initiatives.
• Assist in identifying and producing web-related support materials associated with major announcements, including e-newsletters, web pages, social media or others as necessary.
• Coordinate placement of stories in traditional and non-traditional baseball media both on the local and national levels for all communications initiatives.
• Coordinate press conferences, events and other in-person promotion of communications initiatives. Utilize support staff for execution.
• Provide directors with outlines and timelines for all major initiatives. Create event profiles for all initiatives with an event component and provide additional communications plans as requested.
• Provide directors and executives with recaps of coverage of announcements using online PR software and additional analytical tools as requested.
• Manage information database to provide uniform and concise information to maintain integrity of all information.
• Create and maintain Media Contact Directory - update contacts on an ongoing basis to ensure all lists are up to date.
• Assist in maintaining department’s long-range communications calendar and communications planning documents.
• Assist in identifying the initiatives that require communications attention and prioritizing those based on business objectives.
• Assist director in development and implementation of annual business plan.
• Assist in Coordination of all marketing and community relations activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
ALL applicants must apply online at www.indians.com/jobs