Posted On: August 16, 2012
Media Organization: ACT, Inc.
ACT is an independent, not-for-profit organization that provides more than a hundred assessment, research, information, and program management services in the broad areas of education and workforce development. Across Iowa and across the nation, ACT is known as an outstanding employer—committed to the highest standards in employment practices, benefits, and work environment.
With nearly 1,300 full-time employees at our national headquarters in Iowa City, we are one of the largest employers in eastern Iowa.
Though designed to meet a wide array of needs, all ACT programs and services have one guiding purpose: helping people achieve education and workplace success.
ACT is seeking an integrated marketing and communications leader with a passion for digital marketing and social media. The Senior Director will oversee the public relations and digital marketing teams of our organization. Working directly with senior management and division marketing leads, the Senior Director will craft cutting edge public relations campaigns. This includes a heavy emphasis on social media strategies, building relationships with key bloggers, and enhancing our overall media presence. The Senior Director will also be responsible for ACT’s corporate website; he/she is expected to significantly improve act.org so that it immerses stakeholders in learning how we can help organizations and individuals realize their full potential through insights. The Senior Director will leverage the full array of marketing and communications options (marketing mix).
Typical job related activities include:
- Deliver traditional media, social media, and digital marketing campaigns on tight deadlines and within budget, prioritizing according to benefit and cost.
- Facilitate the creation of digital and media marketing mix planning and execution.
- Lead team to write clear, concise and compelling communications and utilize a variety of communications channels and technology solutions to deliver messages.
- Assist in leading yearly and quarterly marketing planning processes.
- Create unity of effort across corporate functions and business units.
- Assist in efforts to integrate marketing and communications.
- Creatively enhance design and messages to address a large and diverse customer base.
- Develop new and innovative ways to deliver marketing to key customers and stakeholders using technology.
- Provide traditional and social media training to key leaders.
- Ensure marketing and communications remain cohesive and integrated across corporate and business units.
- Create and implement clear, concise and compelling communication plans.
- Build strong working relationships and credibility with senior management and functional teams.
- Effectively manage projects with a diverse set of internal stakeholders.
Bachelor's degree is required. MBA or Master's degree in Integrated Marketing or Communications is preferred. In addition, applicant's must have a minimum of years of 8 years of experience in senior-level marketing and communications roles; Demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful online marketing and social media programs; Experience in internal client relations including the ability to understand and assess a client’s business and communication needs and meet those needs through successful online programs; Well versed in managing people and the execution of online projects and builds; Thought leader in digital strategies and tactics; Must have a team player attitude and possess strong leadership qualities, as well as the capacity to effectively manage a team; Exceptional writing, editing and verbal communication skills; proficiency to write clearly and concisely on complex topics for a diverse set of external audiences; Strong, direct, positive interpersonal skills, works well with others; Experience managing advertising agencies and marketing vendors; Proven track record of teamwork, innovation and results in the marketing function; Ability to interact and influence at all levels of an organization; Ability to establish and meet deadlines, work under pressure and handle multiple priorities; Dynamic, motivated and self-starter.
Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Apply online via: http://act.org/humanresources/job.html?id=649