Posted On: August 27, 2012
Media Organization: Us Weekly's special issues/"bookazine" team
Us Weekly's special issue/"bookazine" team works separately from the weekly magazine. We produce special collector's editions on a monthly schedule. A sample of our previous issues can be found here: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/wenner-media?keyword=wenner+media&store=allproducts
Us Weekly’s special issue/”bookazine” team is looking for an unpaid fall editorial intern. We are flexible with scheduling but require 20 hours per week. College credit and a love for all things pop culture (from movie franchises to the royal family) are a MUST. No exceptions. Duties include:
• Distributing relevant morning news from major outlets, Google Alerts, plus related fansites and Twitterfeeds
• Efficiently and thoroughly transcribing interviews
• Compiling detailed research files via YouTube clips, radio interviews, magazine scans and archives, Twitter, etc.
• Using LexisNexis, Studio Systems, Celebrity Service, Critical Mention, imDB Pro and Who Represents as resources for fact-checking and organizing publicist contact info
• Helping our photo team with preliminary research and administrative work
• Occasionally assisting the weekly magazine with any extra editorial needs
Please email a brief cover letter (with availability for the fall semester) and resume to email@example.com.