Posted On: October 23, 2012
Media Organization: Wenner Media - Us Weekly SIPs
Wenner Media is the publisher of Rolling Stone, Us Weekly and Men's Journal brands.
Sample Wenner SIPs can be found here: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/wenner-media?store=allproducts&keyword=wenner+media
Us Weekly’s special issue/”bookazine” team is looking for an unpaid spring editorial intern. We are flexible with scheduling but require 20 hours of work per week. College credit and a love for all things pop culture (from movie franchises to the royal family) are a MUST. No exceptions. Duties include:
· Distributing relevant morning news from major outlets, Google Alerts, plus related fansites and Twitterfeeds
· Efficiently and thoroughly transcribing interviews
· Compiling detailed research files via YouTube clips, radio interviews, magazine scans and archives, Twitter, etc.
· Using LexisNexis, Studio Systems, Celebrity Service, Critical Mention, imDB Pro and Who Represents as resources for fact-checking and organizing publicist contact info
· Helping our photo team with preliminary research and administrative work
· Occasionally assisting the weekly magazine with any extra editorial needs
Please email a brief cover letter (with availability for the spring semester) and resume to email@example.com.