Posted On: December 18, 2012
Media Organization: Mobile & Apps
Mobile & Apps is one of the fastest growing online news site dedicated to covering the latest news on technology, innovation, and popular trends.
Mobile & Apps´ mission is to empower the people by delivering the latest news on consumer technology, gadgets and infotainment and offering the full global picture of how they have shaped and are continuing to shape our lives.
Mobile & Apps is headquartered in New York and its growing team of dedicated and passionate writers can be found across the U.S., Canada, Europe and Asia.
We (Mobile & Apps) are looking for reporters (1-3 years experience) who love writing about smartphones, apps, tablets, software, gadgets, game, etc. Prior experience in online reporting is a MUST.
The applicant must be excellent in English and also hold a current, if not ahead-of-the-curve, understanding of smartphones, tablets, laptops, PC, gadgets, software, Internet, social media, apps, mobile accessories, game and science. This job offer is for the company's newsroom in New York City. Right candidates will be hired immediately.
1. Graduate/Diploma/Certificate in Journalism. Reporting experience: 1-3 years.
2. Prolific writer with passion in smartphones, apps, tablets, software/OS, gadgets, mobile accessories, game and science.
3. Prior experience in online reporting is a must. Applicants with experience in reporting on smartphones, apps, tablets, etc. will be preferred.
4. Excellent research skills.
5. Sound knowledge of technology and the latest developments in technology industry.
6. Accustomed to handling strict deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
7. Excellent in English and talent in using images, headlines and other publishing elements to form compelling and unique/original stories.
8. Talent in finding trending/popular/viral topics with "a finger on the pulse of the Internet."
9. Sound knowledge of SEO and use of social media/forums for purpose of online traffic generation.
10. Knowledge of AP Style
Submit your application with  resume and  past writing sample(s) of technology stories (provide link of your story if it has been published on the Web) to email@example.com. State in Subject field '(Your Name) - REP'.