Posted On: February 10, 2013
Media Organization: Yahoo!
Yahoo! is focused on making the world's daily habits more inspiring and entertaining. By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. In turn, we create value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and has offices located throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific (APAC) and the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) regions. For more information, visit the pressroom (pressroom.yahoo.net) or the company's blog (yodel.yahoo.com).
Position: Yahoo! Shine Summer Editorial Intern
Location: New York, New York
Compensation: Paid - dependent on experience
We're looking for a tech-savvy, creative, and organized self-starter with a passion for women’s media to intern at Yahoo! Shine.
The ideal candidate will have a knack for what works on the Web, an insatiable interest in all social media platforms (Pinterest, Tumblr, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter), an eye for producing beautiful, photo- and video- driven user experiences, razor-sharp writing skills, and a love of women’s media.
The successful candidate is a quick thinker and fast learner with energy and enthusiasm who can work independently and efficiently on tight deadlines while still maintaining an eye for detail. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must, as this position requires interacting with employees throughout many areas of the company. Time management skills and reliability are critical, as is an eagerness to learn all elements of digital publishing.
- An undergraduate student currently in their Sophomore or Junior year
- Comfortable working with Web publishing tools and quickly learning new CMS
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Experience using Photoshop
- Experience leveraging social media
- Comfortable with data, metrics, and Excel
- Passion for women’s media
- Approximate internship period: June 18th – August 15th
- Will be located in our New York office. Intern must work from the NY Office for the entire internship.
Please apply via NYU's Wasserman Career Center (search for the job 882601). Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information or to search all of our openings please visit http://careers.yahoo.com.