Posted On: March 13, 2013
Media Organization: Wenner Media - Us Weekly SIPs
Wenner Media is the publisher of Rolling Stone, Us Weekly and Men's Journal brands.
Sample Wenner SIPs can be found here: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/wenner-media?store=allproducts&keyword=wenner+media
Us Weekly’s special issues team is looking for an unpaid summer editorial intern. We are flexible with scheduling but require 20 hours of work per week. College credit and a love for all things pop culture (from movie franchises to the royal family) are a MUST. No exceptions. Duties include:
• Aggregating relevant news from major outlets, Google Alerts, plus related fansites and Twitterfeeds
• Efficiently and thoroughly transcribing interviews
• Compiling detailed and meticulously organized research files via YouTube clips, radio interviews, magazine scans and archives, Twitter, etc.
• Attending editorial meetings and possibly pitching ideas
• Using LexisNexis, Studio Systems, Celebrity Service, Critical Mention, imDB Pro and Who Represents as resources for fact-checking and organizing publicist contact info
• Helping our photo team with preliminary research and administrative work
• Occasionally assisting the weekly magazine with any extra editorial needs
Please email a brief cover letter (with summer availability) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.