Posted On: March 17, 2013
Media Organization: Huffington Post / AOL
At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
Moviefone is the pioneer Movie Discovery site, founded as a phone movie discovery service in the late eighties, heralding a transition into online movie discovery, and evolving into the iconic, full-service movie site with movie news and reviews that it is today. It maintains a top-3 movie service site ranking in ComScore and is poised for the next generation of services like multi-platform movie information, on-demand and streaming movie content, and geo-enabled mobile information and innovative user-upload features.
Moviefone is home to three original video series – Unscripted, MovieClub: Where Are They Now? and Six Second Reviews – featuring A-list actors, behind-the-scenes exclusive footage and expert advice on movies to see. Moviefone has Northern American reach nationwide throughout the United States and Canada.
The Moviefone team is looking for an intern who is a quick study, VERY passionate about movies, and can help with editorial programming tasks with an emphasis on production and behind-the-scenes functions!
Role & Responsibilities:
• Daily programming work is required to:
• Manage our DVD release page
• Manage our "Coming Soon" & "In theaters" pages
• Assist with Moviefone tumblr, facebook & twitter accounts
• Assist with community outreach and promoting content with fan communities
Assist editors with:
• Editorial Research
• Taking minutes during editorial meetings
• Organizing editorial calendars
• Photo assignments, building galleries
• Writing copy
Requirements for Success:
• Passion for online media and internet-based businesses
• Previous internship experience or related experience in journalism, marketing/communications (preferably in Film)
• A current student enrolled in an accredited four year university. Recent graduates may be considered.
• Knowledge of the film industry, box office trends, home entertainment platforms, film studios
• Understanding of blog platforms, html, photoshop a plus
• Ability to anticipate movie audience trends
• Superior communication skills, written and oral
• Well organized, able to multi-task and able to prioritize with minimal direction
• Able to follow up with project partners to ensure accurate and timely completion of deliverables
Please email your resume, clips and dates of availability to Lauren.Bloch@teamaol.com.