Posted On: April 2, 2013
Media Organization: Albany Broadcasting Company
Pamal Broadcasting of Albany is a cluster of six radio stations. For more information on Pamal, visit www.Pamal.com.
Albany Broadcasting Company seeks a part-time News Associate to assist in gathering information, writing for newscasts and station websites.
Note: This shift is Monday – Friday, 5:00am – 9:00am.
Responsibilities include participation in writing and production of news casts, live reporting and non-scheduled news events, checking wire stories and network feeds for up-to-date and breaking news, and on-air reporting. The ideal candidate will help to define and maintain ethical, editorial standards for broadcast news programs. Candidate will perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Capital Region Newsroom at Albany Broadcasting provides news to Fly 92.3, B95.5, 104.9 The Cat, Rock 100.9, Jamz 96.3 and Magic 590 AM.
• 1+ years of newsroom experience (radio/television preferred) or related broadcasting degree.
• Strong writing skills, news judgment, understanding of journalistic ethics and excellent verbal communication skills are required. On-air experience is strongly desired.
• Knowledge of Adobe Audition, Cool Edit Pro, Nexgen, WordPress and social networking websites. Knowledge of these programs should reflect in your resume.
• MUST be able to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
• Professional appearance, dazzling character, and solid work ethic are required.
Interested applicants should email their cover letter, resume, example of on-air work, and at least three writing samples to:
News & Traffic Director
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.