Posted On: April 25, 2013
Media Organization: Sucherman Consulting Group
Sucherman Consulting Group, Inc. is a boutique management consulting and executive search firm specializing in media, entertainment, and digital companies. With offices in New York and Los Angeles, our clients include some of the biggest brand names in our industry.
To deliver strategic analysis, tactical advice and creative results for our clients and our firm in an atmosphere of integrity, respect and honesty.
Our company values – Integrity, Client Focus, Personal Responsibility, Attention to Detail, Candor & Honesty, Curiosity about our Business, Willingness to Learn & Take Risks, Communication, Teamwork and Mutual Respect – are the cornerstone of our practice.
We have assembled a dynamic, experienced team in New York and Los Angeles with a combined experience of more than 90 years in the media, entertainment and executive search industries. We pride ourselves on having long-term relationships with many of the most well-known media and entertainment companies. We bring significant value to our clients through our fully integrated approach which combines professionalism, industry knowledge and contacts, a superior level of service and complete discretion.
This position is ideal for a production or desk assistant passionate about media, broadcast journalism and entertainment and looking to gain hands-on experience within the entertainment, news, media and digital industries through media consulting and executive search.
- Front desk receptionist (greet clients, handle phones)
- Connect conference calls, transfer calls and take phone messages
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail
- Coordinate office appointments when necessary including all related logistical necessities (i.e. ordering food, coffee or beverages)
- Perform administrative duties as needed including making coffee, preparing copies, faxing, filing,
- Confirming appointments and reservations, ordering lunch
- Help prepare daily clips/research for internal distribution and posting to company website
- Assist Consultants on daily research projects that focus within the entertainment and media industries.
- Research industry trades and online resources for information including ratings data, company information, distribution data, revenue filings, etc.
- Requires ability to conduct detailed research projects on broad subjects
- Must be familiar with public and industry search engines like Google
- Assist in the production and/or preparation of presentation materials such as PowerPoint, Excel meeting agendas and other word/ excel documents relating to client work and presentations
- Produce organizational Charts (Visio) and other client driven materials (including spreadsheets) for organizational design and development projects
- Work closely with SCG search team to conduct background research on individuals and companies relating to SCG searches.
- Participate in all team meetings (Search and Consulting)
Qualifications / other:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized, 4 year college or university
- 2 years of media/entertainment/broadcast news industry experience.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft office, outlook, Word, Excel and Power point, internet research and social media applications.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and be comfortable with clerical tasks (e.g. reception duties, phone, data entry, etc.).
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with proven ability to prioritize and multi-task, research and follow-up on assignments.
- Strong computer skills required: proficiency in Word, outlook, Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of executive recruiting software (Encore) a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and team oriented.
- Action-oriented, organization first and ability to multi-task.
- Trust builder with discretion of the highest order.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Self-starter, collaborator with egoless, agenda less approach.
- High energy, enthusiastic, total team player with ability to motivate colleagues.
- Demeanor to deal with media, team and organization in a high stress environment.
- Creative, Hungry, Innovative
Email Resume and cover letter to Debbie Horowitz at email@example.com (no calls please)