Posted On: May 13, 2013
Media Organization: New York Film Academy
The New York Film Academy is an unique educational institution, devoted to providing the most focused filmmaking, broadcast journalism, and animation instruction in the world. Our film school's programs offer an intensive, hands-on experience which gives students the opportunity to develop their creative skills to the fullest extent possible.
The Department of Broadcast Journalism at the New York Film Academy invites applications for Faculty Chair.
Applicants with a Master’s Degree in Journalism or Communications, with significant television broadcast production and content creation experience are preferred. Minimum academic qualification is a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or Communications.
- At least 5 Years of work experience at a network or local news station as a practicing reporter or producer
- Experience as an educator
- Teaching certificate
- Ability to shoot with digital camcorder and help students beyond the teachings of their camera instructor
- Ability to edit with Final Cut X and spend significant time in the edit room helping students to edit their stories.
(preferably certified Final Cut X certificate)
- Ability to work with students to develop as writers on their scripts (especially necessary with ESL students)
- Experience and ability to work in a control room as a producer of every aspect of a news program including
scripting and graphics.
- Strong understanding of the changing nature of Broadcast Journalism especially when it comes to
- Develop and follow lesson plans so that students have clear understanding of learning objectives for each
- Proven administrative abilities in managing a small staff, making schedules, equipment requests, working
with NYFA administration and spending significant time emailing and speaking on the phone with prospective
The successful candidate should have a strong background in Broadcast Journalism production, editorial, logistics, budgets, ethics and history. Must have a proven ability to teach and most importantly motivate students to reach their highest potential.
Please e-mail your cover letter and CV to Sarah Choi (firstname.lastname@example.org).