Posted On: June 3, 2013
Media Organization: PolicyMic
PolicyMic is the fastest growing news site for millennials – reaching 5.5 million unique visitors per month. Our audience is politically engaged, passionate, and thoughtful millennials. We have over 40K active contributors and are becoming the platform for smart policy debate with political leaders (like Reddit's AMA). We are becoming the NYT of the millennial generation.
Do you care about reinventing news by engaging millennials in thoughtful discussions about current events? PolicyMic is the fastest-growing news & discussion platform for young people, with 6.5 million monthly unique visitors. With contributors in 105 countries, PolicyMic is building a global news brand that prides itself on high-quality analysis and an incredibly engaged community.
We are seeking an experienced editor to join our Publishing Team for a full-time position in our New York City office.
- Copy edit roughly 25 original stories every day
- Join a team of editors responsible for overseeing the quality & high standards of PolicyMic’s articles
- Help train our pundits on best writing practices to improve the quality of PolicyMic’s content
- Direct our editorial voice by setting standards and developing the PolicyMic style guide
- Editing experience at a newspaper or online news site
- Knowledge of AP Style and expert in grammar
- Deep attention to detail and a passion for improving PolicyMic's quality
- Passion for changing the world and empowering our generation
- Paid position out of our office on 36th street & 5th ave in NYC
- Must be flexible to work weekends (5 days a week total)
Email Jake Horowitz (email@example.com) with:
- Cover letter & resume
- 500-word (or less) writing sample