Posted On: July 3, 2013
Media Organization: Arcus Foundation
Founded in 2000, the Arcus Foundation is a leading global foundation advancing pressing social justice and conservation issues. Through its Social Justice Program, Arcus works to advance equality globally for all sexual orientations and gender identities. Through its Great Apes Program, Arcus works to conserve and protect the world’s gorillas, chimpanzees, bonobos, orangutans, and gibbons. The Foundation has offices in Kalamazoo, Michigan, New York City and Cambridge, U.K. For more information about the Arcus Foundation
please visit www.arcusfoundation.org.
The Web and Social Media Manager is an experienced online professional highly skilled in running dynamic editorial for the web and social media channels of an international organization. Candidates will oversee and drive content through the Foundation’s website and social media channels. Applicants will ideally be familiar with human rights or conservation and be ready to adapt their substantial experience in the nonprofit or philanthropy sector to the communications needs of Arcus’ online audiences. They will be exceptional communicators with experience in managing or overseeing a website redesign project, which will be a priority during the first year of the position.
The candidate will be able to enhance the Foundation’s messaging and positioning, using language that connects with grantees and partners, media, policymakers, international and national government bodies, academic institutions and the general public. Candidates will work full time in Arcus’ New York office and demonstrate competencies including respect for diversity, forming positive partnerships, applying analysis and
flexibility in problem solving, practicing collaboration, adapting to technological change and innovation and sharing collective ownership for organizational successes.
• Grow Arcus’ online profile, reputation, viewership and interactivity through development, placement and dissemination of timely, accurate and relevant information through the Foundation’s principal online channels, and when necessary execute online campaigns to reach new or specific audiences.
• Maximize the usability and interactivity of Arcus’ online presences to raise awareness of LGBT and Great Apes issues and provide relevant and timely information and resources to grantees, media and general web and social media users.
• Measure and demonstrate impact through collection and publication of periodic metrics.
• Support the Media Director in execution of strategic communications.
• Undergraduate degree in journalism or related field required. Advanced degree desirable.
• A minimum of 5-6 years professional online experience, including at least one website redesign
• International experience in human rights and / or conservation preferred.
• Hands-on professional experience with online information sources and tools, including social media and networking tools.
• Proven track record working in close knit, multi-cultural teams in global time zones.
• Applicants must be available to work full time in New York.
To Apply for this position: Please send a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate "Web and Social Media Manager” in the subject line.
Mailed applications are not accepted for this position.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until July 12th 2013.
The Arcus Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is firmly committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity ("EEO") laws. The Arcus Foundation strictly prohibits
discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual's race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, height and weight, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, partnership status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, arrest record and any
other characteristic protected by law.