Posted On: July 16, 2013
Media Organization: Public Affairs Television/BillMoyers.com
Public Affairs Television produces Moyers & Company, a weekly public television and radio program hosted by legendary journalist Bill Moyers, and the associated website, BillMoyers.com.
Public Affairs Television is looking for a short-term Digital Producer to help conceive, research, write and produce content for BillMoyers.com and our social media platforms, as well as assist with other department duties as necessary. This is a 3-month position with the possibility for renewal.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in current events and journalism, strong writing/blogging skills, strong research skills and at least two years of experience producing content for a website.
The Digital Producer will work closely with the Supervising Digital Producer and digital production team.
• Produce digital content related to Moyers & Company program
• Research and write posts and features for What Matters Today, the daily blog on BillMoyers.com.
• Help promote BillMoyers.com and Moyers & Company's content on Facebook, Twitter and other social networks
• Assist with research, editing, fact-checking and proof-reading of content, as needed
• Research contact information for niche blogger/media/organizational networking and outreach
• Assist with the organization and execution of live chats
• Experience editing video a plus
• Experience with data visualization a plus
• A degree in journalism, or communications with journalism experience
• Very strong writing and editing skills, including clips
• Online CMS experience helpful
• Photoshop experience helpful
Please send a cover letter, resume and links to writing samples to email@example.com by July 19, 2013.